It’s that wonderful time of year for Sephora’s Beauty Insider Sale and I’m sure we all can use a little beauty product refresh right about now to inspire us to put a little pep in our step after being cooped up for weeks. So, I used my quarantined time to round up 10 products I think you won’t want to miss! I’m serious when I tell you that you didn’t even know that you needed these products in your life. Whether it be an investment item that will last you forever or something you treat yourself to every now and again I promise you that you’ll be thanking me later…. 🙂
1. LET. ME. JUST. TELL. YOU. ABOUT. THIS. FOUN.DA.TION (insert clapping emoji)…Once upon I time I went months and months with only using a tinted moisturizer because I couldn’t find a foundation that I really ever loved or felt like worked well for my skin type. With a past record of bad breakouts and oil buildup, I didn’t want to spend the money on something I really didn’t want on my face. As I’ve gotten older the breakouts have fizzled out (finally) but I still battle with dry skin especially with the climate I live in. On top of that, I’m also a pretty active person so I need something that won’t make my skin greasy and slide of my face the minute I break a sweat but also won’t dry out my skin even more and ladies….this is it. It’s obviously pricier for good reason but I’ve had my one bottle for over a year now and still haven’t used it all. I almost always only use one pump for my entire face…and that’s really all you should need. It works perfectly for my 5-minute uber natural makeup routine or if I’m giving a little extra effort for a special occasion. I truly don’t think I’ll ever use another foundation for as long as I live and I don’t think you should either…even if you need to finally cancel all of those re-occurring subscriptions on your phone you didn’t realize were adding up every month in order to justify the purchase… just saying. 😉
2. Since I went in deep with the last product I’ll keep this one short and sweet…because that’s exactly what this product is. The Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme is great for that stubborn, tired undereye area. Use it to moisturize under the eye before you put any makeup on for a brighter eyed, smooth, more awake and youthful look.
3. I’ll admit that I’m for the most part picky when it comes to the products I put on and in my body. Over the years I’ve purchased many of items that I thought would be as glorious as striking gold. At-home microdermabrasion tool?….it got returned. Cleansing brush head?…sits in my bathroom drawer collecting dust at this point in my skincare routine. For me to invest over $100 dollars in a tool and then shortly thereafter slowly invest in almost the entire skincare line just doesn’t happen…until I was introduced to the company BeautyBio. I won’t even try to explain to you how wonderful this skincare line is because the science-loving Co-founder and CEO Jamie O’Banion can do it 1000% better than I ever could. Don’t believe me? I encourage you to not only follow her company BeautyBio on IG but also her personal account @jamieobanion where she teaches us how her product and our skin works but also does it with grace and empowerment all while being a super-mom at the same time. It’ll be only a matter of time until you’re as completely hooked as I am. I finally found the skincare products that I can age well with…I mean, have you seen Jamie’s skin?! Yes, please!
4. Ok, so we already know how much I love the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation…well the powder compact is the Robin to the Batman in this combo. It’s the perfect setting powder to your foundation that only requires the slightest of product. I purchased the liquid foundation the same day as the powder and again its lasted me over a year so it’s well worth the money. There’s a reason they call it Luminous Silk because it truly does make your skin feel like buttery silk. Especially when I’m doing all of the things I need to be in my skincare routine because let’s be honest, no amount of makeup fixes a broken system. It’s merely a small band-aid and you can get way more out of your product if your skin is happy.
5. Don’t let the word peel scare you away. I have been dying for years to try these peel pads and I can’t think of a better time than now to finally add to cart. If you’ve been anything like me lately I’ve been slacking more than I’d like to admit on my skincare regimen and I can’t help feeling like my skin has the texture of a small lizard. These Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peels have never looked better to help exfoliate, even out my skin tone and restore some radiance and firmness.
6. This is the Beyonce of my fragrance line up. I’ve tried countless fragrances only to end up burnt out by the bottom of the bottle and the fave fragrance search begins again. Take it from someone who can spend an entire hour sniffing dozens and dozens of perfume bottles, switching back and forth from fragrance to fragrance until I’m absolutely sure that this is THE ONE! I’ve done the hard part for all of you so I can now find a more productive thing to do than stand in perfume aisles contemplating every hint of every flower and scent on planet earth. Next.
7. This is the concealer that seems like everyone can’t stop talking about and I’m dying to give it go. It’s no secret at this point that I’m picky when it comes to makeup or skincare products so the fact that I haven’t found a concealer that makes me want to stop in my tracks isn’t surprising. I finally bit the bullet when it came to the Armani foundation after months and months of hearing beauty bloggers talk about it so if the Too Faced sculpting concealer follows suit like I think it will I’ll be one happy camper.
Note: If you click on the link to the concealer it’s going to take you to the QVC website. Sephora didn’t have a link to this specific concealer but it is available to shop on their website if you look under Too Faced products.
8. Have you hit the point where you’re about to partake in the quarantine haircut trend? Well, before you go and do something crazy that you might regret later allow the Olaplex bonding oil to be your new BFF. This little bottle packs quite a punch and helps smooth, strengthen and protect your precious locks all while adding amazing shine. A little goes a long way so you can go ahead and put those scissors down now and leave your trim to your stylist.
9. I’m a sucker for a cheeky inspirational quote and I thought this bag totally nailed it (pun intended). At a price of only $10 this one is destined to come home to me. We’re fierce, we’re fabulous, we run the world….but don’t come at us while our nails are drying. It’s just rude.
10. Last but certainly not least is another product that seems to be appearing on everyone’s recommendation list and it’s the Isle Of Paradise Self-Tanning Water. I love the idea of a water-based self-tanning product, it seems like there’d be a lot less effort involved and minimal room for streaky error. And let’s face it, if we’re going to be stuck at home for a while longer we might as well figure out a way to work on our summer glow because the ghostly shade of my skin is starting to scare the neighbors.
And that’s a wrap for me on the Sephora Beauty Insider Spring Sale. If you’ve stuck it out thus far and are still reading, thank you! I hope you found this post fun and informative! If you have any questions on any of the products feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll be happy to answer them!
*This post is not sponsored by Sephora. All opinions remain my own.